Online First Time Homebuyer Seminar
Attend Our FREE Self-paced Online First Time Homebuyer Seminar.
Due to the pandemic our annual live first time homebuyer events were canceled. So we captured the information and built an online, self-paced seminar. Now you can learn what you need to know about buying your first home – right from your laptop, tablet or phone. Better still, you’ll be connected with an expert who you can email or text when you have questions.
What you’ll learn:
Some of the comments from the attendees of our live events:
- “Very informative”
- “More than I expected, feel much more ready!”
- “Very satisfied. Now I just need to find a house.”
The seminar is FREE and includes downloadable resources to help you be prepared for your first home purchase!
Questions? Email HomeLoans@MarsBank.com for more information.
We have special programs for first time homebuyers including a special mortgage loan offer, access to grant programs, and an online homebuyer education course.
Your First Home Can Be the Perfect Fit with a Special First Time Homebuyer Mortgage
The Perfect Fit Mortgage provides special terms and rates for low-to-moderate-income first time homebuyers:
- Special rate below market
- Low down payment
- No mortgage insurance
- Underwriting, processing and document preparation fees waived (as much as $1,000)
- No escrow
- First time homebuyer grants can be used towards down payment (we’ll help you identify and apply for applicable grants)
- Must meet low-to-moderate income criteria for your local community
- Minimum FICO Score 680 (contact us to learn your score and how to improve it)
- Debt-to-income ratio of 36% or less
- Must successfully complete virtual Mars Bank homebuyer seminar
- Mortgage payments will be automatic withdrawal from a Mars Bank checking account
Contact us to determine if you are eligible and learn current available rates: email us or call 724-776-3803.
First Time Homebuyer Grants
We will help you apply for grants for first time buyers that can be applied towards down payment and/or costs:
- Geography-based grants (where home is located)
- First Front Door grants can only be accessed through member banks – we will apply for you
- All grants are first-come, first-served
Past customers have received up to $10,000 in grants, contact us to learn about eligibility.